is proud to present
One Day Competition
Saturday June 23rd, 2018
(Blow Day: Sunday June 24th)
Captain’s meeting will be held at 5:15 am at Jr’s On the Bay/Sloppy Duck Saloon
at 726 West Bayfront Parkway, Erie, PA 16507.
Weigh-ins will be held at Fish USA, 6960 West Ridge Road Fairview, PA 16415
beginning at 2:00 pm
90% of all entry fees will be paid back in cash prizes
For more information or to enter visit https://epsfa/tournaments/
Questions? Call Paul at (814) 566-4995
Or Terry at (814) 450-7352
1. A minimum of two team members must belong to the EPSFA and be in good standing at the time of the competition.
Individuals that have had their memberships terminated or suspended by the EPSFA are unable to compete in this
2. A $ 250.00 entry fee must be paid prior to the start of the tournament. A Big Fish entry of $10.00 per team is included
and will be paid out in full. Big fish will be determined by weight (ties will be split). Online Payment is due by 11:59 pm
Friday, June 15th, 2018. Payments must be made online at https://epsfa.com/tournaments/ No online entries will be
accepted after June 15th. If the tournament is cancelled, due to weather on Saturday June 23rd, the makeup day is
Sunday June 24th. If the tournament is cancelled again due to weather, $225 will be refunded. The EPSFA retains 10%
to pay for the processing and administration fees. Late entries will be accepted at the captains meeting along with an
additional $100 late payment fee.
3. An optional $250 cash only “double down” Calcutta is also available. This is 100% cash payback Calcutta. You must
“RSVP” on https://epsfa.com/tournaments/ by 11:59 pm Friday June 15th, 2018. The “Double down” cash payment is
due at the captains meeting. Any “RSVP” not paid at the captains meeting is cause for disqualification. There will be no
refunds (unless canceled due to weather). Late entries only, can sign up at captains meeting. Top three place teams
participating in the Calcutta wins. 1st=45%, 2nd=30%, 3rd= 25%
4. This is a 90% pay back tournament. The EPSFA retains 10% to pay for processing and administration fees. The
remaining entry fees will be paid out in the form of checks. The top 20% of paid entries will earn a check with a limit of
10 checks distributed. Example: 16-20 boats pay 4 places, 21-25 boats pay 5 places, 26-30 boats pay 6 places, 31-35
boats pay 7 places, 36-40 boats pay 8 places, 41-45 boats pay 9 places, and 46 boats and up pay 10 places.
5. Captains meeting: will be held at 5:15am “sharp” on the day of the tournament. All Captains or a competent crew
member must attend. The remainder of the Team does not need to attend. The meeting will be held at the Jr’s On the
Bay/Sloppy Duck Saloon at 726 West Bayfront Parkway, Erie, PA 16507. Disclaimer form must be turned in at the
captain’s meeting. All boats may leave the dock after their Captain or teammate has returned from the Captain’s
meeting and have been released from port depending on weather.
6. Random boat checks: morning and afternoon, may be randomly conducted by EPSFA officials the day of the tournament.
Random coolers may be collected by EPSFA officials upon returning to listed departure point on disclaimer. They will be
sealed and transported to FishUSA weigh-in by EPSFA officials. Any team refusing the random boat/cooler check will be
automatically disqualified for refusal.
7. This is a trolling tournament only.
8. Start time: No fishing lines may enter the water until 6:30AM. The EPSFA will use satellite time (from GPS or cell
phones) when determining start times. Planer boards can be deployed, and electronics used prior to 6:30AM. There is
no stop fishing time. Coolers must be in the weigh-in line by 3:00pm at Fish USA or that team’s catch is disqualified for
9. Points will be awarded as follows: 10 points per fish and 1 point per pound.
10. Fish must be 18” or larger for this tournament. Squeeze the tail to get longest measurement. Short fish will be
disqualified, and your team will be assessed a 10-point penalty.
11. A maximum of 9 legal walleyes can be brought to the weigh in. There will be a 25 Point penalty for bringing more than 9
fish to weigh-in. Pick your 9 best walleyes and bring those fish to the weigh-in site. Tournament boats can keep their
legal limit of (6) Walleyes per licensed angler if they choose to do so. Teams can choose to let fish go if they are
12. The maximum rods allowed to be fished in this event will be (9) if there are (3) licensed anglers onboard. At no time will
teams be allowed to place more than (9) rods in the water at one time. However, you will only be allowed (3) lines per
licensed angler, if there are less than (3) licensed anglers onboard. PA Fish and Boat Commission rules apply to this
event. A valid PA license and applicable permits are required.
13. Pre-fishing: Unlimited pre-tournament fishing is allowed. However, all team participants entering the tournament must
cease fishing by 6:00pm the day before the tournament.
14. This is an “NO Communication” tournament. Teams cannot use cell phones, VHF radios or any other form of
communication for this event. All participating boats must be equipped with an operational VHF radio. Tournament
control will operate on Channel 88. All teams must monitor channel 88 until 6:30am, in case of delays or changes. All
boats are required to monitor channel 16, except when directed to Channel 88 for communication. After being directed
to channel 88, all teams must return to channel 16. channel scanning is not permitted. Cellular phones may be present
on the boat. However, prior to the 6:30 start time, all devices must be turned off or put in airplane mode. Devices shall
not be used (except in the case of emergencies) until returning boat is secured in docking slip or trailered.
15. Bad Weather: If there is a delay announced at 5:15 am, the next announcement will take place at 6:15 am and so on
until teams are released from port, or the tournament is cancelled. If the tournament cannot begin by 10:00am due to
weather, it will be cancelled. In the event of questionable weather or rough water conditions, the Captain will ultimately
be responsible for making the Team’s decision whether to fish that day or not. If conditions worsen as the day goes,
that Team will have to decide whether it is safe to continue to stay out, if the Tournament is not cancelled. Rough water,
that occurs during the day, will not be a reason to cancel or shorten this Tournament unless seas become unsafe for the
Teams competing in this event.
16. In case of boat failure, and a tow is required. The in case of boat failure day’s catch, and one team member, may be
transferred to another team’s boat to make the weigh-in deadline. However, the tournament committee (or tournament
director Paul @ (814) 566-4995) must be notified on channel 16 or via cell phone in advance, prior to ship to ship
contact. The towed team’s cooler must still be inline by 3:00pm, no exceptions.
17. All contestants must fish from a boat. All boats must have a registered length of 16ft. or larger, have a working marine
radio, and all necessary US Coast Guard approved safety devices on board.
18. Each team must display a flag provided by the EPSFA. This flag must be permanently attached to the boat where it can
be easily seen 360 degrees. Failure to display flag will result in 25-point penalty
19. All teams must depart from any Pennsylvania port. All teams MUST return to their original departure point, with their
entire cooler of fish. There will be no exception to this rule (unless seeking shelter from inclement weather or dangerous
20. Fishing is prohibited outside of Pennsylvania waters. If you are caught fishing outside of the PA water boundaries, your
catch will be disqualified.
21. Weigh in and award ceremony will be held at Fish USA, 6960 West Ridge Road Fairview, PA 16415. Weigh-ins will begin
at 2:00 pm. Coolers must be in line by 3:00pm or your catch will be disqualified. The day’s catch must not leave the
boat under any circumstance until the day’s fishing is over (exception rule 16) and the boat is docked or trailered. At
least one team member must remain with the day’s catch until it has been weighed in. All coolers brought to the scale
shall be free of foreign objects, loose ice cubes and water. Block ice, bag ice or frozen containers are acceptable. A 25-
point reduction penalty will be assessed against teams that violate this rule. It is the Captains responsibility to ensure
that fish are free of ice or any foreign objects prior to being brought to the weigh-in. Fish will be checked for any foreign
objects or ice in mouth.
22. All teams must mark their big fish with the zip tie provided. The largest fish by weight will be used in case of a tie.
23. Anyone caught cheating or in violation of these rules will be disqualified. No entry fees will be returned, and that
Captain may be banned from any future EPSFA fishing competitions. Furthermore, anyone caught cheating in EPSFA
tournaments or any other fishing related competitions will be banned from entering any EPSFA events.
24. All protests must be made within 15 minutes after the last team has weighed in and voiced to a member of the EPSFA
rules committee or Tournament Director. Protests must be accompanied by a $100 fee. Protests are only refundable if
the protest is won by the protesting Team.
25. All decisions made by the tournament director or rules committee are final. It is the intention of the supporters to
provide an honest, sportsmanlike event. In the interest of good sportsmanship, contestants are reminded that the “spirit
of the rule” will prevail in all judgement cases. Competitors may be disqualified for any violation of the tournament rules,
with no refund of entry fee.
26. Youth Award (under 16 years of age). A prize will be given to the Top 3 youths who catch the biggest Walleye in the
tournament. The individual must fight the fish and land the fish without major assistance from another angler. It needs
to be marked with a colored zip tie designating youth fish. The weigh master must be notified at time of weigh-in that
you are weighing a possible big fish for the Youth Award.
27. All points leaders must be willing to submit to a polygraph examination. All winning fish may be tested for time in
possession. All fish weighed in must remain in a designated area until the winners have been determined and the
coolers have been released.
28. Misconduct: Any inappropriate, improper, or abusive conduct by any participant towards any tournament official,
volunteer, or fellow participants shall be deemed a violation of the rules and may be subject to disqualification as
determined by the tournament committee.
29. Liability: Every reasonable precaution will be taken by the tournament committee to protect persons and property
during the contest. However, neither the sponsors mentioned, nor tournament committee, judges, officers, directors,
volunteers or employees of the same are responsible for the safety of persons or property of participants regarding
accidents, theft, fire, vandalism, drowning or any other cause. The tournament committee is not responsible for
emergency assistance. All participants further understand and agree to hold harmless members and aforementioned
groups and individuals by signing the liability disclaimer before the tournament begins.
30. Fish disposal and drop off: Any teams that don’t want all or part of their catch can give their fish to the EPSFA once the
coolers have been released from their designated area. Any fish found deposited into dumpsters, marinas, or other
area’s where they will be deemed as unsightly or as trash may lead to prosecution. Those individuals will be excluded
from future tournaments being held by the EPSFA.
Note: Disclaimers will be accepted at 5:15 am at Captains meeting, located at Jr’s on the Bay/Sloppy Duck Saloon at 726 West Bayfront
Parkway, Erie, PA, 16507.
By signing below, We agree to the following:
1. This form must be printed and completed by all captains and team members before the captains meeting. NO EXCEPTIONS
2. Failure to report to captain’s meeting and providing signed disclaimers for the entire team by 6:00 AM will disqualify your team. NO
3. We have received, reviewed, and understand all tournament rules and will abide by them.
4. We will not hold the Erie PA Sport Fishing Association, its volunteers, members, staff, or officers responsible or claim that they have
any legal or financial liability for any type of accident, incident, Act of God or event which may cause injury, death, or any type of loss or
harm to any Captain, team member, or non-team member.
5. We agree to take a polygraph examination if required by the EPSFA rules committee.
6. We agree to allow our boat and cooler to be inspected anytime by a designated EPSFA representative upon request
Team Name: _______________________ Departure Location: _________________________ Slip number: ____________
PRINT NAME HERE (required) SIGN HERE(required)
Team Captain: ______________________________________Signature Required___________________________________
Team Member 1: ______________________________________Signature Required___________________________________
Team Member 2: ______________________________________Signature Required___________________________________
Team Member 3: ______________________________________Signature Required___________________________________
Team Member 4: ______________________________________Signature Required___________________________________
Team Member 5: ______________________________________Signature Required___________________________________
Team Member 6: ______________________________________Signature Required___________________________________
Team Member 7: ______________________________________Signature Required___________________________________
Team Member 8: ______________________________________Signature Required___________________________________
Please turn in this form to an EPSFA representative at the designated area.
****Disclaimers are accepted at the 5:15 am Captains meeting ****
Printer Friendly Rules and Disclaimer:
Double Down Calcutta
1.$250.00 Cash Non-Refundable
2.Cash entry to be paid at captains meeting
3.Failure to pay entry will result in a dis-qualification in the main event and all team participants will be barred from future EPSFA events
4. 100% Cash payout will be 1st=45%, 2nd=30%, 3rd= 25%